Saturday, November 24, 2012

Third Week at DUBAL Dubai Aluminum Company


This week I had very busy days at the Training and Development Department at Dubal. On Sunday I was lucky to meet Ms. Najla one of the management trainers who gave me important information of the nature of their role at the department.  

Dubal has a very clear vision toward making the company one of the best Aluminum producers in the world.  To achieve this, the company should uplift its employees both potentials and incentives. Thus, the company is having employees who are satisfied with their salaries and also satisfied with the positions and willing to enhance their productivity and reach at higher job efficiency. Here, management trainers’ job is to evaluate employees’ progress at work and support that by giving them certain kind of trainings or workshops so that they are being more confident of their jobs and able to take it to the next step. They in return, support the company to stand by the top Aluminum producers in the world.  

Then I was moved to Ms. Leah who is in charge of all administrative work related to the management trainers. She prepares all document and handouts which are given to the trainers during trainers, sets the dates of the trainings and contact all trainers who have to attend... etc.  
After that I was told by her that the ILM Award Ceremony is taking place on the 20th and it requires a lot of work and organization I’ll be helping them with stuff related to the ceremony. Institute of leadership management (ILM) is an international institute based in Britain and Dubai is cooperating with this institute to improve its employee’s potentials and work productivity. I was very excited for the work and see how will the ceremony be. I started helping Ms. leah in preparing all employees’ certificates and filing them properly. 

On the ceremony day, I was told that I’ll be on the stage handing in certificate to the person who is coming from ILM to greet the employees who have finished level one of the course. I was very happy and super excited. I also, helped leah in the registration of the attendees at the ceremony. The ceremony was over and I was very happy by being part of this huge event.

The other day, I was fortunate to attend a workshop called Factory finance simulation which was whole day workshop. I had a lot of fun with the new people I met in the workshop all of them were from different departments. This was an eye-opening experience for me and gave the chance of understanding how factories operate and the way it control finance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment